I am doing some research on Dr. Fuhrman (Eat To Live) who has started the nutritarian diet and I have discovered a lot of interesting information. Last year alone 400,000 Americans died from obesity and weight related chronic illnesses. Two thirds of american adults and almost one third of our children are overweight or obese. The average American diet consist of low-nutrient high-calorie processed foods, animal products and only 7% of those calories are from fruits and vegetables.
Health Complications of Obesity:
- Adult onset diabetes
- Hypertension
- Degenerative arthritis
- Coronary artery disease
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Gallstones
- Fatty infiltration of liver
- Restrictive lung disease
- Cancer
So as you can see, it is quite the motivation to change the way we eat. I know I am going to.
After the juice fast I will start making salad the main course and finding ways of using vegetable and fruits for every meal. If you are hungry it could and probably does mean that although have are eating your body is starving.
No comments:
Post a Comment