Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 1

I decided to start a juice fast.  Finally tired of weight gain and the threat of Diabetes around the corner, I finally decided to do it!  I have known about juicing for years, maybe too many to admit too. After seeing the documentary "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" It really motivated me to give this a try. (Please watch this if you are wanting to try a juice fast)

On my first day Monday April 13, 2015, I brought out the Jack LaLanne Juicer and started it up.  I bought this a few years ago hoping to use it but ended up putting it in the cabinet.  On my first juice, I used 2 bags of carrots, 2 apples, 2 stalks of romaine lettuce.  Made enough to get me through for breakfast and lunch.  What I was absolutely amazed about was how I was not hungry!  I thought I would be starving all day at work, but I wasn't.  I felt a little more alert than usual, but not peppy at all.  I went to be early that night about 10 pm.  When I got on the scale the next day I was also amazed to see I had already lost 3 lbs.  Usually that is how much I would lose in a week.

I thought to myself this makes total sense.  When you eat food that is NOT nutritious you are always hungry because your body doesn't get what it needs, then you eat more and more and then your body just stores it because it can't use it.  So, you/me get fat.  What I discovered on the very first day is that when my body gets the nutrients it needs...it isn't hungry.  This is what I had that day: (I was not at all hungry!)
  • 2 servings of the juice I made in the morning (breakfast and lunch)
  • 1 smoothie - coconut water, banana, strawberries
  • 1 bottle of coconut water (heard it was good for you, doesn't taste bad)
  • water
I'll let you know how tomorrow goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment